Guided Hunts at Jack Brittingham’s Rancho Encantado
Rules & Regulations
- All hunts are fully guided 1 on 1.
- We offer both bow and/or rifle hunts.
- All hunters are required to check their guns at our range to insure that they are zeroed in prior to hunting.
- Game available in addition to bucks includes: hogs, javelina, coyotes, and in some years, does (For Pricing information, contact Cade Green).
- Bookings confirmed with nonrefundable deposit (For deposit information, contact Cade Green) which goes toward the base price. Balance of base price is due upon arrival to the ranch. Dates are confirmed when deposit is received. When the deposit is received, a contract is sent to the hunter which is to be signed by the hunter and returned. We do this so there will be a clear understanding as to exactly what the hunter can expect and to insure that you will have the highest quality hunt possible.
- Management hunters may take multiple bucks during these hunts with trophy fees being applied to each buck taken.
- We strongly urge hunters to take bucks that guides indicate as “shooters”.
- Skinning, caping and quartering is included. We will boil and clean the skull for a European type mount charged per skull (For pricing information, contact Cade Green).
We would like to suggest that you bring any or all of the following gear with you on your hunt.
- Rifle, Muzzleloader or Bow
- Hat with Brim
- Ammunition, Cartridges, Arrows & Accessories
- Flannel/ Warm Shirts & Sweaters
- Blue Jeans, Canvas/Wool Pants
- Camera and Film
- Rain Coat/Pants
- Hunting Knife
- Boots (Leather are the best)
- Small Canteen
- Camouflage Clothing
- Long Underwear
- Igloo Cooler
- Lightweight Day Pack
- Jacket, Vest and Heavy Coat
- Be prepared, your chance at a buck of a lifetime could step out at any time.
- Practice shooting before arriving. We will require you to check your rifle upon arrival at our range. Shots will be held to 200 yards or less.
- If you are uncomfortable shooting at this distance, let us know, and we will make every effort to put you in position for a closer shot.
- We recommend scoped rifles of .25 caliber or larger.
- Trust your guide, he knows the ranch and the deer on it that we are targeting.
Rancho Encantado manages its deer herd in a manner consistent with producing the largest south Texas whitetail bucks possible, while sustaining optimum habitat conditions. No Northern or outside genetics have been introduced into this deer herd. Great care is taken to keep the deer herd well below the ranch’s maximum carrying capacity. We maintain a 2.5:1 buck to doe ratio, which gives us approximately 275 bucks from which to choose each year. We harvest approximately 15% of the buck herd each year on a very selective basis. Ranch manager Cade Green is one of Texas’ most well respected whitetail deer managers.
Rancho Encantado has won the Los Casadores deer contest in several different categories since 1992.
During its many years as the Light Ranch five net Boone & Crockett whitetails were entered into the record books. No other ranch in North America can make this claim. Since 1992 there have been 61-140 class bucks, 31 -150 class bucks, 24-160 class bucks, 12 -170 class bucks taken, and 7 bucks that have exceeded 190 points gross score! Needless to say, the trophy potential of Rancho Encantado is extremely high. Now that the ranch’s new management plan is reaching a mature state the number of giant south Texas bucks harvested is beginning to escalate.